Saturday 30 January 2021

Georgia - My favorite place in the world

 Georgia, a former republic of the Soviet union, is the most beautiful country in the world. It is located in the crossroads between western Asia and Eastern Europe, on the shores of the black sea, south of the Caucasus Mountains. It has the most beautiful views in the world and it's nature is breathtaking. 

I was born in Tbilisi the capital of Georgia and lived there almost half of my life. I always enjoy remembering my childhood  going to the villages during summer vacations, watching the beautiful nature, the high mountains, the green forests and the many rivers. Georgia's climate is very pleasant. Although it can be snowy, it is not too cold in the winter and in the summer it is not too hot.  That's why it is easy to grow vegetables and fruits in Georgia.

A few years ago I visited Georgia after living in Israel for 20 years. It was an exciting visit for me. On one hand I felt at home and recalled some places and events from my childhood but on the other hand I felt that I don't belong to the country and the people anymore. I felt like a regular tourist, which was strange and not as I expected. I found that the country had not developed enough in comparison to Europe or even Israel, but I was impressed by the beauty of this country and amazed by the hospitality and the warm nature of the Georgian people.

When you have something in your possession you don't always know it's value until you lose it. I had never appreciated Georgian's natural beauty  when I lived there. But when I came back after so many years I was stunned when I traveled in the countryside and on the mountains. I will certainly visit Georgia again when the Corona will be gone.




No comments:

Post a Comment