Saturday 16 January 2021

Something has changed my life

When I was young , I used to have a cat phobia, or I think my phobia was from any moving creatures around me , and yes there was an incident that stayed in my mind for a long time. When I was 5, my brother had a female German shepherd female dog , whose name was Muphy , and who was a cute, kind lovely dog but very hyper. One day she pushed me on the ground and took my sandwich. I spent 30 years of my life living  suffering from this phobia until the day I discovered that my son is a sensory seeker, who needs a pet to cuddle. We decided to get him a cat, yes, a cat. I was so afraid to think about it but I did it .


We Got Leo, a white Himalayan cat. At first I thought that I would have a bad time  dealing with him, I used to avoid him and not let him walk around me, but it was so hard to live in the same house with something you are afraid of. I decided to kick the phobia and slowly slowly I started to get used to having him around, Leo is very friendly and you can’t help but love him.

Having a pet in my house means a lot for me and my son; cats can lower stress and anxiety. Now I know how one session of petting or playing with our cat can turn a bad day into a good one.

It is a big responsibility to have a cat in our house, and I can say that I have three kids now. I care about my feline baby as much as I care about my two (human) sons. Now I can say that I've overcome the phobia and I can’t see my life without him.



6 comments:

  1. Your Leo is very handsome :) I like the collar !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice story. I was moved by your ability to overcome your phobia and develop a friendship with your cat. You are a powerful and compassionate person. Indeed, pets can bring joy to our lives, and now you, your son, and the entire family benefits from your lovely and cute cat.

    ReplyDelete
  3. cant believe it! my cat's name is Leo too, and they both are handsome. loved that

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Dana, what wouldn't we do for our children, even overcome our deepest phobias. The issue raised here is how to overcome problems. Not by becoming really good at avoiding them, but by really taking them on. I will try to remember this. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So now you are ready to go for the real friend? I would not recommend a German Shepherd though, a Poodle maybe..

    ReplyDelete
  6. the best way to get over a phobia is to face it...

    ReplyDelete