Wednesday 13 January 2021

Green Pasta

When I was a child my mom made my brothers and I pasta once a week for lunch after school. Every week it would be a different kind of pasta with a different kind of sauce, but we all knew that my favorite was the green pasta. If you're thinking about pesto, think again! This was a one of a kind type of pasta that only my mom could make. Even my aunt tried to make it but she did not exceed my expectations.

After making Aliyah, my mom was no longer around to cook for me my favorite foods, thus, I had to start cooking on my own. In the beginning I was constantly asking my mom recipes on how to make different things, yet green pasta never came up. I did not feel like I missed it, let alone crave it.  

This past shabbat I stayed in my apartment in order to work on my seminar paper that is due by the end of the month. As I was thinking about something quick and easy to cook, I came across GREEN PASTA! I called my mom right away and asked her how to make it. After very little preparation and time, my green pasta was finished, with a smell that brought me back to my childhood memories  and a taste as if it was my mother’s! I could not have been happier at that moment! This is when I promised myself that I would cherish this recipe forever!


The recipe:

pasta                

Oregano

oil

salt

pepper

string beans

garlic



6 comments:

  1. YUMMY! You made me hungry!!!! I'll make this tomorrow for lunch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. There is no taste like mum's cooking! My mother used to put Marmite in meatballs (!) and it's the only thing I still bring from England to put in my cooking as well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That sounds AWESOME!!!
    You are so lucky to make something for the first time and have it done perfectly :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi May, do you cook the string beans and then paste in the blender with the oregano and garlic??

    ReplyDelete
  5. The food we grow on is always the best:)

    ReplyDelete