Monday 28 December 2020

A place I would like to live in

I have tried to be content with the place I have resided in throughout my life, a regular village  near Jerusalem,  After some contemplation , I realized  that The place I will choose  to live will be calm and won’t cause me stress,” I said to myself, and kept on thinking of a calm place that has lake and trees .

 

From my early childhood,When my parents took me to Tiberias  for the first time, I was literally shocked by nature's beauty and the amazing feeling of freedom , Since that time, I kept on visiting the lake every year. I traveled to several lakes and mountains in Italy last summer,. Every time I was visiting  the  lakes there,  I wondered if a person who lived  in those lakes and mountains could be miserable?

 

“Lakes and mountains, —that is where I need to live,” I said to myself, and kept on looking for the view, I tried  to recall the most pleasant memories about places I have been to, and to realize my needs of finding a way  of life,  I thought the places that  I might live in  were Italy, Austria , Peru…

 

 After a period of intense consideration, I stopped searching and chose to stay in my  country and  to just make weekly visits to the lake of Tiberius .

 I chose it because I  needed mountainous region, , suitable climate ,   the Kinneret area has been famous for its natural hot springs, so for me it is the best place to live in.

 

 

 


4 comments:

  1. I also think about living close to water, I totally agree with you about the quality of one's life, I am sure that living close to a lake or the sea does make you happier. However, like you I have always lived in the mountains...

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is comforting to think that you found your 'lakes and mountains' of peace and quiet in your own country. I hope that we can all find our own answers so close to home!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I also love being near or on the water. I once heard this is a natural state for many people becasue we are subconsciously remembering being in the womb, where we were floating in water....

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with you, I think each one needs to build his house in a place where he feels calm and relaxed.

    ReplyDelete