Saturday 28 November 2020

"Gillis Meat Workshop" - the best steak in the country.

 Warning: this post is not for vegetarians! 

Have you ever been to a meat restaurant where the cows  are in the backyard? Do you appreciate good meat? If so, welcome to "Gillis Meat Workshop"!  This unique restaurant is just for you!

"Gillis meat workshop" is located in Moshv Nov (in the southern Golan Heights). It is managed by the Gillis family. They grow the cattle themselves and it's quite clear  that they know their way with flesh. The menu contains a large variety of excellent beef . Though it is open only once a week people come from all over the country to enjoy delicious meat and good hospitality.      

What I enjoy the most about this restaurant is the warm family feeling I experience every time I go there. Take a seat and let me tell you about it. From the minute you enter you receive VIP treatment! Once you are seated you receive salads followed by excellent first courses that accompany all orders. One of the proprietors comes to your table to describe the different cuts of meat on the menu and very patiently help you order the perfect meat for you. During the meal the owner will stop by  your table to have a glass of wine with you. He will show a personal interest in you and will tell you about himself and his family's interesting business. He will answer all of your questions and by the time you've finished you will be best of friends. If you ask nicely he will even take you outside to meet his famous bull named Avraham. Avraham is a special Brahman bull who lets his owners ride on his back. 

So, if you are planning a vacation or even just a weekend up in the north, be sure to make a reservation. I promise, you'll not regret it. It will be a wonderful evening of good meat and wine. At Gillis's you get a fantastic meal along with a really amazing show - and - tell.  

5 comments:

  1. Thank you for the recommendation, I see on their Facebook page that at the moment they only do orders and take-aways on Thursdays. Their butcher takes orders and deliver's even to Jerusalem. I will definitly keep them in mind. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! they deliver to Jerusalem. The last time I visited my parents(they live in Moshav Nov)I packed my fridge. Now I think I'll order. The meat is so good!

      Delete
  2. Avraham :) What a cool name for a bull :)
    Thank you for the recommendation.

    ReplyDelete