Thursday 3 December 2020

The Power of a Teacher

 

When I was a child, I had one teacher who believed in me above all. She nourished not only my mind, but also my heart and soul. Many years after I graduated, we met accidentally, and she asked me what I do these days, I answered that I sell insurance in our family business, and her eyes became sad.

She was disappointed with me, she said that she had always hoped I would become a teacher I did not understand her wish, but now after watching this lecture I do.  As the years passed, I grew tired of the emptiness in my job and I started searching for inspiration, this coincidental meeting kept echoing in my mind. She wanted me to matter. She wanted me to help other people understand that they do matter as I do. She wanted me to understand that I have a calling in life. She wanted me to have the power of an educator; the same power she had on me once.

In this lecture, Adam Saenz says that when you understand your value you live as though your choices matter, you have a calling, a destiny, and you understand that you are in this world for a reason. You only need one person to believe in you, to love you and you have all the power in the world. Adam Saenz became a great man, having two great teachers who believed in him. Without them, he would not have pushed himself to go to college, finish the degree or even adopt his daughter. 

We have so much influence on our students' lives, we do not always recognize how much. I really recommend watching his lecture. 

Adam Saenz became a great man, having two great teachers who believed in him, I hope that one day I will be that teacher for someone.


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AyogyD7vXbw


 

3 comments:

  1. It is definitly our role as teachers to find those things which our students can do and let them know that we appreciate their abilities. Success as a source for empowerment. Thank you Chen, this is probably one of the most important lessons to remember.

    ReplyDelete
  2. As teachers we bave so much influence on peoples lives. Thank you for your words of inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  3. hi
    i think techers should always figure out the problems that students might face and try to fix them and to encourage the students by tryng to know them more , to get to know there inner personalities .

    ReplyDelete