Monday 23 November 2020

Life is sweet




"Life's too short, eat dessert first" (Jacques Torres), that’s what's written on my brother's kitchen wall. "I couldn’t agree more", I told him when I came for a visit and saw this statement.

Ever since I was a young girl I’ve loved baking, especially sweet things, and the more complex the instructions and ingredients, the better. I’ve always looked for new recipes, playing around with different items and enjoying experimenting and trying out new things. During my search for good and interesting recipes I stumbled across one of Karin Goren's books. I was hypnotized. I finally found what I was looking for. A whole book full of exaggerate, tasty and impressive recipes. I couldn’t wait to try out her stuff.  

Over the years, I'm happy to say, I've purchased most of her books and I really recommend them to all baking lovers. Her recipes are unique, delicious and full of quality ingredients. Her books are structured in a clear and user-friendly way making it easy to find what you're looking for. Each recipe is written step by step, so even if you don’t have experience in baking you have no problem following her stages.

What's different about her books is that she writes the quantities in grams. I find that very useful. This way I can put a big bowl on my scale and pour things straight into the bowl one after the other.

I must say she sometimes takes it a little bit too far, like when a cake has 4-5 containers of cream in it, but we live only once, don’t we?   

So, if you like baking or want to try it out, I really recommend Karin Goren's books. I'm warning you, it might take time, and will probably include a bit of messing around but the result will be delicious and you will get lots of compliments. And who doesn't like that?!


 


1 comment:

  1. Wow Avigail, It looks so yummie, I can just smell the cookies..

    ReplyDelete