Monday 9 November 2020

One Pandemic you will definitely want to catch:)

Stuck in isolation for two weeks?  All of your kids at home and you feel like you're losing your mind? Nervous about going outdoors? Well, I recommend bringing  Pandemic into your house...No no- not what  you're thinking- THE PANDEMIC (You-know-what)- I'm talking about a fantastic game called Pandemic.

Pandemic is a family game from ages 8 and up. The point of the game is to save the world from a raging pandemic (Did anyone here say Corona?:) What I like about the game, besides its interesting set of rules and suspenseful pace, is the fact that it is a collaborative game, that is all the players have to work together to beat the common enemy - the pandemic. No winners or losers- we are all on the same team. (Interesting how this game came out way before Corona entered our lives- almost as if the inventors had foreseen what was coming....)

The downside to this game is the amount of time the preparation takes- setting up, dealing out the different parts. Also the rules are kind of complicated (to this day I have a feeling we are not totally playing correctly...) However, if you have the time and patience to sit it out - you are in for loads of fun with your family.

So don't let the Pandemic get to you- get to it yourselves. The excitement, the bonding, the suspense- all add up to an afternoon of  great fun. This is one Pandemic you can definitely beat- at least until we finish off the one outside:)

10 comments:

  1. I have never heard about this game but I sounds very relevant and interesting! is it a board game? where can you find it?
    As a student living alone in Jerusalem, would it be fun to play it with friends for a game night one night?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! I know my younger sister likes to play it with her husband. It is a board game- but again it's not competitive so you have to like games that you work together. You can probably find it in toy stores.

      Delete
  2. Sounds like fun, although I'm not so sure I would want the pandemic in my home, even if it's just a game ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing. My kids and I love playing together,but if the rules are to complicated I'm not sure I'll have the patients for it...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are complicated. But once you get it it goes pretty quickly...

      Delete
  4. I think that it is terrible to be isolated, but when schools will be open I think, that I most of the teachers will not be able to avoid not just the isolation, but even corona.

    ReplyDelete
  5. They say the best way to deal with the enemy is to get to know it really well. So I guess this game if a fun or palatable way to get to know our situation... No wonder the rules are difficult to understand.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This sounds like a very interesting game.
    I must say your title was very good, it made me curious and I wanted to read your post.

    ReplyDelete